Velocity Solutions, LLC
Effective January 14, 2020
This privacy statement (“Privacy & Security Policy” or “Policy”) describes how Velocity Solutions, LLC and its affiliates (“Velocity”) and, specifically, the Velocity website and associated websites (the “Site”) collect and use the information you provide. This Policy does not govern your use of, or any data collected in relation to, services which Velocity may offer in conjunction with its clients. Such services and all data collected in connection with them will be performed through distinct websites and subject to the privacy statement and any other terms displayed on such sites.
Velocity is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of any personal information of our users. This Privacy & Security Policy explains how we protect personal information provided through the Site. For purposes of this Policy, “personal information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
Velocity implements its privacy and security standards to guard against identity theft and provide security for your personal information. We regularly reevaluate our privacy and security policies and adapt them as necessary to deal with new challenges.
Table of Contents
1. Your information is not for sale.
2. We limit the collection and use of personal information.
3. Changes to your Contact Information.
4. Online session information and use is only used to improve your experience.
6. Disclosure of your information to protect our rights or if required by law.
7. Your data may be transferred upon change of control but only per this Policy.
8. You can transport or delete your data.
9. California Residents.
10. Email communications from us.
11. Your data is secure and only seen by you.
12. Updates to our Privacy and Security Policy are posted on our website.
13. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
1. Your Privacy is not for sale. Simply put, we do not and will not sell (as that term is defined under applicable law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act) or rent your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time. Velocity uses and discloses your personal information only as follows:
• to analyze Site usage and improve the Service;
• to fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
• for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
• as otherwise set forth in this Privacy and Security Policy.
2. We limit the collection and use of personal information. Many features of the Site are available to you without the need to provide us any information. However, other features of the Site may request that you provide Velocity with your name, phone number, address, email, or employer (collectively the “Contact Information”).
In all such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide or to decline to provide that information, and it will be used only for the stated purpose. Velocity may take anonymous or aggregate personal information and disclose such data only in a non-personally identifiable manner to:
• Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes, such as how many users clicked on a particular page within the Site; and
• Organizations approved by Velocity that conduct research into consumer behaviors.
Such information does not identify you individually. Access to your Contact Information and any other personal information you may have provided is strictly restricted and used in accordance with specific internal procedures and safeguards governing access, in order to operate, develop or improve the Site.
3. Changes to your Contact Information. If your Contact Information changes during your use of the Site, you may update it any time via the Site.
4. Online session information and use is only used to improve your experience. When you visit the Site, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Site. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve the design and functionality of the Site.
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. Velocity may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. Velocity may gather information about you through cookie technology. For example, Velocity may assign a cookie to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular Velocity survey or to help better determine which Velocity services to offer to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer. If you choose to eliminate cookies, the full functionality of the Site may be impaired for you. We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
Web beacons are images embedded in a Web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing site usage and activity. Velocity, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to help us analyze Site usage and improve the Site.
5. Surveys. From time to time, Velocity may ask you to participate in surveys designed to help Velocity improve the Site. Any personal information provided to Velocity in connection with any survey will be used only in relation to that survey and as elsewhere set forth in this Policy.
6. Disclosure of your information to protect our rights or if required by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Velocity reserves the right to share or disclose your personal information when Velocity determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
• To prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or
• When required by any applicable law, rule regulation, subpoena or other legal process.
7. Your data may be transferred upon change of control but only per this Policy. Personal information may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other change of control. If we sell, merge or transfer any part of our business, part of the sale may include your personal information. If so, you will be asked if you’d like to stop receiving promotional information following any change of control.
8. You can transport or delete your data. Your data is yours. You can ask us to remove it from our possession anytime you want. When you request us to delete it, your data will be permanently expunged from our primary production servers and further access to your data will not be possible. We do reserve the right to use any aggregated or anonymous data derived from or incorporating your personal information.
9. California Residents. If you are a California resident, the processing of certain personal data about you may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other applicable California state privacy laws. The CCPA gives you certain rights with respect to the processing of your personal data. This Policy has set forth the categories of personal information Velocity collects and processes about you and your right to request that we delete personal information. Under the CCPA, you have a right to request information about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the prior 12 months. You may exercise your CCPA rights by using the contact information provided below.
10. Email communications from us. We may allow you to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting Velocity or third-party goods or services. In the event that we provide subscriptions to email newsletters or transmit email promotions, Velocity subscribers will have the ability to opt-out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails. However, opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
11. Your data is secure and only seen by you. We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures (among others) to maintain the security of your online session and to protect Velocity accounts and systems from unauthorized access. Velocity transmits your personal data (if required) securely. Our servers are in a secure facility. Access requires multiple levels of authentication. Security personnel monitor the system 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our databases are protected from general employee access both physically and logically. All backup drives and tapes also are encrypted. We enforce physical access controls to our buildings. No employee may put any sensitive content on any insecure machine (i.e., nothing can be taken from the database and put on an insecure laptop).
12. Updates to our Privacy and Security Policy are posted on our website. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, with or without notice, to modify this Privacy & Security Policy at any time. We update this Policy periodically. The date last revised appears at the top of the Policy. Changes take effect immediately upon posting.
13. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns. If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Privacy and Security Policy or any other privacy or security concern, please write to us at: P.O. Box 460939 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33346, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.